Established per Order in Council 1171, 14 May 1956. Boundary adjusted per OIC 965, 14 July 1994, the whole now containing 54.3 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole still containing 54.3 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office