Established by Order in Council 533, 16 March 1956. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 33 ha. more or less. Boundary extended per Bill 15: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 19 May 2010, the whole now containing approximately 386 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office