Sproat Lake Park established per Order in Council 1684, 6 June 1966, containing 98 acres. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 39 ha. more or less. Area extended per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 43 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Prior to designation as a provincial park, this property was held by MacMillan Bloedel and managed for public recreation purposes by the company as Smith Landing Park.
Source: BC place name cards, files, correspondence and/or research by BC Chief Geographer/Geographical Names Office.