Cinnemousun Narrows Park

Feature Type:Provincial Park - Legally defined land area, under provincial jurisdiction, for camping, outdoor recreation, and preservation of wildlife.
Status:
Name Authority: BC Geographical Names Office
Relative Location: Toward NE side Shuswap Lake, at junction of Seymour and Anstey Arms, Kamloops Division Yale Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 50°59'40''N, 119°00'55''W at the approximate centre of this feature.
Datum: NAD83
NTS Map: 82L/14
Related Maps: 82L/14
82M/2
82M/3

Origin Notes and History:

Cinnemousun Narrows Park was established by Order in Council 1002, 27 April 1956, containing 318 acres. Boundary extended by OIC 1574, 17 July 1980; by OIC 0138, 30 January 1986; by OIC 1753, 23 September 1988; and by OIC 0790, 14 June 1993, the whole containing 176 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000. Boundary extended per OIC 522, 18 April 2001, the whole containing 533 ha. more or less. Boundary extended per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 738 hectares (536 hectares of upland and 202 hectares of foreshore).

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office