Adopted 6 May 1924 on Ottawa file OBF 0836.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
First recorded ascent, 1903. The west "Lion" is 5401 feet/1654m; the east "Lion" is 5245 feet/1606m.
...two Chief's daughters transformed to stone. (December 2011 from: Cultural Journey Sea-to-Sky Corridor website, Squamish and Lil'wat First Nations)
Source: included with note