Established by Order in Council 1400, 23 April 1970. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 389 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 24-2007: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 3 May 2007; the whole now containing approximately 531 hectares (320 hectares of upland and 211 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office