Established per Order in Council 1410, 2 May 1968. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 1217 ha. more or less. Area redescribed per Bill 15: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 19 May 2010, the whole now containing approximately 1229 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office