"Nicolum River Park" established per Order in Council 553, 16 March 1956, situated on Nicolum Creek. The form "Nicolum Park" was adopted 10 March 1975, as had been labelled on 92H/SW, 1960 et seq, and as agreed by BC Parks (file C.1.50); form changed back to Nicolum River Park 16 January 1991, to conform to the name established in the original Order in Council. Deletion of right-of-way per OIC 0779, 24 June 1998; the whole now containing 17.82 ha. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 18 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office