Clearwater Park established by Order in Council 1630, 14 December 1938. Name changed to Nickel Plate Park per OIC 7 May 1975. Boundary redescribed per OIC 354/83. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 105 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office