Established by Bill 174, 18 May 1973, containing 22,600 acres more or less. Redescribed per Order in Council 1201/90, the whole containing 9146 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole still containing 9146 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office