Adopted in 1919 by the Geographic Board of Canada for inclusion on BC-Alberta Boundary Atlas map #20, as named in 1918 by interprovincial boundary surveyors.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"After Farbus, a village on the eastern slope of Vimy Ridge, about 5 miles south of Lens, in commemoration of Canadians fighting there." (17th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1921, published as a supplement to the Annual Report of the Dept of the Interior, 1922, Ottawa)
Source: included with note
First ascent credited to E.R. Gibson and S.B. Hendricks, 17 July 1937 (Canadian Alpine Journal, 1937, p.98)