Established per Order in Council 1502, 26 June 1958. Boundary adjustments per OIC 3881, 4 December 1969, and OIC 2021, 13 June 1970, the whole now containing 746 acres more or less. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 388 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 477 hectares (454 hectares of upland and 23 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office