Origin Notes and History:
Osoyoos Park was established by Order in Council on 25 January 1939. Area decresed per OIC 2200, 24 September 1958. Name changed to Haynes Point Park per OIC 1333, 17 May 1962. Area increased per OIC 870, 12 May 1988; the whole now containing 38 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing approximately 38 hectares (13 hectares of upland and 25 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office