Origin Notes and History:
Harrison Mills (Post Office) was adopted 6 October 1936 on 92 H. Form of name changed to Harrison Mills (Post Office & Station) 4 October 1956 at 49 14 - 121 57. Harrison Mills Post Office repositioned to 49 15 - 121 57 on north side of the river 19 March 1975. Harrison Mills (Station) confirmed 3 July 1975 in original location on south side of the river. Harrison Mills (Station) eventually relocated to the north side of Harrison River; Harrison River (Station) and Harrison River (Post Office) amalgamated and form of name changed to Harrison Mills (community) 14 January 1983 on 92H/4 and 92 H/5.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office