Harrison Hot Springs

Feature Type:Village (1) - A populated place with legally defined boundaries, incorporated as a village municipality under the provincial Municipal Act.
Status:
Name Authority: BC Geographical Names Office
Relative Location: S end Harrison Lake, N of Chilliwack, New Westminster Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 49°17'56''N, 121°47'04''W at the approximate location of the Municipal Hall.
Datum: NAD83
NTS Map: 92H/5

Origin Notes and History:

Harrison Hot Springs (Post Office) adopted 6 October 1936 on Geological Survey sheet 422A, Hope, as labelled on BC Lands' map 2B, 1914. Incorporated as a Village Municipality 27 May 1949. Name changed per Order in Council #1160, 2 December 2004, from "Corporation of the Village of Harrison Hot Springs" to "Village of Harrison Hot Springs".

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

Townsite plan deposited 5 October 1888 by Joseph C. Armstrong. Harrison Hot Springs Post Office was opened 22 March 1889.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office