Adams River Recreation Area established per Order in Council 207, 20 January 1977, containing 2442 acres more or less. Name changed to Roderick Haig-Brown Conservation Area per OIC 1690, 22 June 1978. Name further changed to Roderick Haig-Brown Recreation Area per OIC 499, 22 February 1979. Area expanded per OIC 677/84 and OIC 2140/87. Changed to a provincial park, to be known as Roderick Haig-Brown Park per OIC 392, 21 March 1989, the whole containing 988 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and area expanded to include the 71-ha. site formerly known as Hiuihil Creek Park per Bill 29: Park Amendment Act 1997, 23 July 1997, the whole now containing 1059 ha. more or less. Name changed to Tsútswecw Park per Bill 19-2018: Protected Areas of BC Amendment Act.
Source: BC place name cards & correspondence, and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff.