Koksilah (Station) adopted in the 18th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1924, in association with Koksilah River. Identified as Koksilah (Post Office) in the 1953 BC Gazetteer. Form of name changed to Koksilah (community) 14 January 1983 on 92 B/13. See Koksilah River for origin information.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office