Community - An unincorporated populated place, generally with a population of 50 or more, and having a recognized central area that might contain a post office, store and/or community hall, etc, intended for the use of the general public in the region.
Bradner (Post Office & Railway Station) adopted 12 December 1939 on 92SE, as labelled on BC map 2B, 1914. This was a BCER station. Form of name changed to Bradner (community) 15 December 1982 on 92G/1.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
After Thomas Bradner, who settled here about 1895 (advice from Mr. J. Lefeuvre, Municipal Clerk, Aldergrove, 1925).
Source: Nelson, Denys; Place Names of the Delta of the Fraser River; 1927, unpublished manuscript held in the Provincial Archives
Bradner Post Office opened 1 January 1912, G.F. Pratt, postmaster.
Source: Provincial Archives of BC "Place Names File" compiled 1945-1950 by A.G. Harvey from various sources, with subsequent additions