Translation not provided. The name has also been written "hada" and "Ahta". This area included a village or camp, and was utilized for resource gathering (fish, roots, berries, herring, hunting & timber) by the Kwiksootainuk. This site was mistakenly allotted to the Mamalilikulla as "Ahta IR 3" in 1879. George Dawson (1887:73) identifies this as a Tsawatainuk site.
Source: Museum at Campbell River (spring 2001)