Origin Notes and History:
Adopted 11 January 1922 on Ottawa file OBF 0669, as identified in BC mines reports from 1874 onward, and as labelled on BC map 1EM, 1915.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Headwaters at 50 18 - 118 16 on 82L/8.
Source: Canadian Geographical Names Database, Ottawa