Established by Order in Council 581, 12 March 1955. Area increased per OIC 1201/90. Boundary redescribed per Bill 17: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 12 June 2000; the whole containing 1,426 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 1,452 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office