Origin Notes and History:
Helliwell Park established by Order in Council 2681, 16 September 1966, containing 160 acres more or less. Area increased per OIC 4518/71 and OIC 1490/92. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing approximately 2872 hectares (69 hectares of upland and 2803 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office