Origin Notes and History:
Established by Order in Council 1608, 29 August 1984. Area expanded per OIC 1785, 6 December 1989, the whole now containing 87 ha. more or less. Redescribed per OIC 1245, 15 September 1994. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole still containing 87 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office