Glacier National Park was established in 1886. The French form "Parc national de Glacier" was adopted 4 June 1985 (Ottawa file 203-19). French form of the name changed to "Parc national des Glaciers" 30 April 1987 by Parks Canada. "Glacier National Park" and "Parc national des Glaciers" were confirmed by Parks Canada 30 June 1989. The expanded forms "Glacier National Park of Canada" and "Parc national du Canada des Glaciers" are identified in the publication Canada's Geographical Names Approved in English and French, published August 2002 by the Geographical Names Board of Canada.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office