Origin Notes and History:
Established by Order in Council 888, 15 June 1989. Redescribed per OIC 1182/89, the whole containing 260 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 15: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 19 May 2010, the whole now containing approximately 248 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office