Cadwallader Creek

Feature Type:Creek (1) - Watercourse, usually smaller than a river.
Status:
Name Authority: BC Geographical Names Office
Relative Location: Flows NW into Hurley River at Bralorne, N of Pemberton, Lillooet Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 50°47'41''N, 122°50'09''W at the approximate mouth of this feature.
Datum: NAD83
NTS Map: 92J/15
Related Maps: 92J/10
92J/15

Origin Notes and History:

Adopted in the 10th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 20 June 1911, as identified in BC Mines Reports from 1886 onward.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

After Evan Cadwallader, a prospector here in 1865 as a member of a party of four, commissioned by Governor Seymour to investigate mining possibilities in the area. Afterwards at Moodyville.

Source: Provincial Archives of BC "Place Names File" compiled 1945-1950 by A.G. Harvey from various sources, with subsequent additions

Cadwallader Post Office was opened 1 June 1900; closed 30 August 1902; exact location not known.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office