Origin Notes and History:
Mount Lindeborg was adopted in this location 1 February 1921, and so-labelled on BC map 3M, 1921. Name changed to Mount Bayard (24 November 1924?) and published in the 19th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 July 1927, and on BC-Alaska boundary sheet 3 published in 1927 (November 1924 letter, file B.1.22). Elevation of 6,547 feet. Boundary Peak 15.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Lindeburg, an American, homesteaded at Hyder - one of the earliest settlers; during his 15 years in the Salmon River District he located 49 group mineral claims and many others. (Geological Survey summary report, 1921). Re-named without explanation, "...after Thomas F. Bayard (1828-1898), U.S. statesman and diplomat." (19th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1927).
Source: included with note