Origin Notes and History:
Established by Order in Council 532, 16 March 1956. Area expanded per OIC 3508, 25 October 1973, and by OIC on 27 January 1977, the whole now containing 869 acres. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole comprised of 2 sites and containing approximately 362 hectares (326 hectares of upland and 36 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office