Canal Flats Park established as a provincial park per Order in Council 1100, 8 May 1981, containing 6 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004, the whole still containing approximately 6 hectares. Cancelled per Bill 10: Protected Areas of BC Amendment Act, 20 October 2009; brought into force per OIC 206, 21 April 2010 and property is pending transfer to local government.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office