Origin Notes and History:
Davies Point adopted 3 October 1933 on Geological Survey sheet 307A, Portland Canal, as identified in the 1930 BC Gazetteer, not "Way Point" as labelled on BC map 3M, 1916.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"Named after the Honourable Sir Louis Henry Davies, PC, KCMG, Minister of Marine and Fisheries, Canada 1896 to 1901, when he was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Canada. Residing at Ottawa, 1909. Named by Captain Walbran, CGS "Quadra", and adopted by the Geographic Board of Canada in 1898." [note: no record of correspondence or Board decision about this name at that early date]
Source: Walbran, John T; British Columbia Coast Names, 1592-1906: their origin and history; Ottawa, 1909 (republished for the Vancouver Public Library by J.J. Douglas Ltd, Vancouver, 1971)