Origin Notes and History:
Adopted 3 March 1949 on C.3844. Confirmed 4October 1951 on 103I.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"Named after the Honourable Sir Louis Henry Davies, PC, KCMG, Minister of Marine and Fisheries, Canada 1896 to 1901, when he was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Canada. Residing at Ottawa, 1909. Named by Captain Walbran, CGS "Quadra", and adopted by the Geographic Board of Canada in 1898." [note: no record of correspondence or Board decision about this name prior to 1949]
Source: Walbran, John T; British Columbia Coast Names, 1592-1906: their origin and history; Ottawa, 1909 (republished for the Vancouver Public Library by J.J. Douglas Ltd, Vancouver, 1971)