Origin Notes and History:
Adopted 12 December 1939 on 92F/11, as submitted September 1935 by Comox Mountaineering Club.
Source: Canadian Geographical Names Database, Ottawa
Named by Ruth Masters, Comox & District Mountaineering Club, after Mr. Eugene Croteau, Comox resident, who operated the Croteau Guest Camp here in the 1930's.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office