Origin Notes and History:
Adopted in Place Names of Alberta, 1928, as labelled on BC-Alberta boundary map # 14, published in 1917 from surveys in 1913, and as labelled on BC map 1EM, 1915.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"probably after Haiduk district, Hungary, or Haiduk [Hideghut] village in Romania."
Source: Place Names of Alberta; published for the Geographic Board by Department of Interior, Ottawa, 1928.