Origin Notes and History:
Adopted 6 May 1924 on Ottawa file OBF 0836, as labelled on BC map 2D, 1923.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"The Chilcotin name is Ts^icheza'on, named after a prominent black spire visible from the river valley... the waterfall on the river is called nataghelts'ig." (from an interview with Henry Solomon, Nemaiah Valley, about place names and resources in the Nemaiah Valley-Taseko
Lakes-Yohetta Valley area, conducted by Robert Tynhurst 24 July 1983)
Source: included with note