Origin Notes and History:
Bridge Creek adopted 28 April 1936 on BC map 3G, flowing east through Canim and Mahood Lakes into Clearwater River, as labelled on BC map 1EM, 1915, and on BC map 1G, 1916. Application altered 6 December 1941 to apply only to that portion of the watercourse above Canim Lake. At the same time, THE PORTION BETWEEN CANIM AND MAHOOD LAKES WAS RENAMED CANIM RIVER and the portion between Mahood Lake & Clearwater River was re-named Mahood River (file Q.1.35). See Canin Lake.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office