Beaumont Park established per Order in Council 402, 16 February 1960, containing 376 acres. Area increased per OIC 400, 14 February 1964, and per OIC 317, 9 February 1965, and per OIC 718, 8 March 1966; the whole containing 497 acres. Area decreased per OIC 1219, 21 April 1966 and per OIC 2946, 15 September 1969; the whole containing 473 acres. Highway 16 right-of-way deleted per OIC 0779, 24 June 1998; the whole now containing 191.3 ha. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statues Amendement Act 2004, the whole now containing 178 hectares (164 hectares of upland and 14 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"This park is rich in historical significance. Here, natives traversed well-used trails to trade with other settlements. Later, explorers and fur traders journeyed between Fort Fraser, Fort McLeod and Fort St. James on these same trails. Situated on the southeastern shores of Fraser Lake, the park occupies the site of historic Fort Fraser established by Simon Fraser in 1806. Originally known as Natleh, its site was chosen for its commanding view of the lake and summer breezes which kept the mosquitoes at bay. Beaumont Provincial Park was a gift of Captain E.G. Beaumont, a great benefactor of provincial parks. Besides Beaumont, two other parks were made possible through his generosity." (BC Parks website, December 2013)