Origin Notes and History:
Established by Order in Council 1726, 30 July 1981, containing 32,000 hectares, more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole still containing 32,000 ha. more or less. Boundary description corrected per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole containing approximately 62,867 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office