Origin Notes and History:
Adopted 23 February 1918 by the Geographic Board of Canada, as labelled on BC-Alberta Boundary sheet #11, surveyed in 1916, published in 1917.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Named by interprovincial boundary surveyors, "After General Sir William Robert Robertson, chief of Imperial General staff, at headquarters, till February 1918." (excerpt from The Canada Gazette 23 February 1918.) Robertson served as Quartermaster General of the British Expeditionary Force under Field Marshal French, 1914-15; was appointed KCB in February 1915; advanced to chief of staff, BEF, and in December 1915 was promoted to chief of Imperial General staff - the head of the British Army; served in that capacity until February 1918; appointed GCMG in April 1919; created a Baronet in December 1919; promoted to Field Marshal in 1920. "He was the first and only British Army soldier to rise from private soldier to field marshal." (Wikipedia)
Source: included with note