Origin Notes and History:
Established per Order in Council 2688/74, 15 August 1974, containing 365 acres more or less. Boundary adjustment per OIC 1418, 15 September 1990, and OIC 0779, 24 June 1998. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 148 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 186 hectares (157 hectares of upland and 29 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office