Pitt Meadows

Feature Type:City - A populated place with legally defined boundaries, incorporated as a city municipality under the provincial Municipal Act.
Status:
Name Authority: BC Geographical Names Office
Relative Location: NE side of junction of Pitt and Fraser Rivers, New Westminster Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 49°13'14''N, 122°41'25''W at the approximate location of the Municipal Hall.
Datum: NAD83
NTS Map: 92G/2

Origin Notes and History:

Incorporated 1 April 1914, called The Corporation of the District of Pitt Meadows. "Pitt Meadows (Municipal District)" adopted in the 18th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1924; name confirmed 11 February 1936 on 92G/2. Re-incorporated as a City municipality per Order in Council 856, 1 December 2006, effective 1 January 2007.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office