Origin Notes and History:
Erickson (station) adopted in the 14th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1915, and labelled on BC Lands' map 1EM, 1915. Identified as Erickson (post office) in the 1930 BC Gazetteer. Form of name changed to Erickson (Post Office & Station) 6 December 1951 on Columbia River Basin manuscript #61. Form of name changed to Erickson (community) 31 December 1982 on 82F/1.
Source: BC place name cards, files, correspondence and/or research by BC Chief Geographer/Geographical Names Office.
Erickson Post Office was opened 1 January 1908, named in association with Erickson Ridge and Creek, in turn after Eric Gustavous Erickson (1857-1927) superintendent for CPR at Cranbrook, 1904-08.
Source: Provincial Archives' Place Names File (the "Harvey File") compiled 1945-1950 by A.G. Harvey from various sources, with subsequent additions